I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her vineyards and make the valley of trouble a door of hope.
Hosea 2:15

Friday, October 8, 2010

More About the Crazy Woman in My Shoes

A few days ago I wrote about the fact that I massively overreacted to my husband and step daughter last weekend.  I was mystified by my own reactions.  These days when I confuse myself I always blame my hormones.  Hormones truly could be playing a part in it, but I think there might be something more here that warrants a closer look. My over-the-top feelings of anger and hopelessness could be symptoms of something in me that needs to be addressed. This morning I read something about this topic in the book Walking with God by John Eldredge. If the book wasn't copyrighted in 2008, I would have thought John wrote them directly to me.
When you see in others-or find in yourself-reactions and responses that seem way out of proportion, that's a clue that something else is going on. Other things are at play.  We usually just write such reactions off to immaturity, when in fact God may be using them to surface deeper issues so that we can deal with them.  Or the enemy may be up to something.  Quite often, both are going on. But what usually happens is that we're embarrassed by our overreaction, and we do what we can to quickly get past it.
I still don't understand what deeper issues God is addressing in me or if my reactions are a form of spiritual attack.  I am praying and asking others who pray for me to pray that I will be able to hear what God has to tell me about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment