I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her vineyards and make the valley of trouble a door of hope.
Hosea 2:15

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Good Story

I love good stories. I become so absorbed in them that I almost enter the world of the story and live it along with the characters. Almost. The difference is that I can close the book, or turn off Netflix and exit the story anytime I like.

Our lives are like stories, only in life we don't have a pause button we can use to take a break and go get popcorn. The difficulties in our own lives are somehow not nearly as enjoyable as the conflicts in the lives of characters on the page or the screen.

Our difficulties are not pointless though.

The Author has a reason for allowing them, even when we can't fathom what it is. We can fight with him and tell him that we don't like how this story is going, or we can hold on tight and wait for the next twist in the story line. Either way it is best if we eventually trust that he is writing a really good story.

The worse your problems are, the better your story is going to be. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment